When I started out in golf I had no idea what a Sunday bag was or why anyone needed a particular bag for a day of the week. As my knowledge grew of the game I realized that not was all that it seemed. The best Sunday golf bag is a piece of kit which every golfer needs. This bag type is super versatile and can save you a lot of effort when you want to play a round but don’t want to be burdened by a huge golf bag.
The best Sunday golf bag is perfect for rounds when you only need a few clubs, or when conditions dictate that carrying a full bag is too onerous. Below are some examples of when you may choose to use the best Sunday golf bag:
- On a par 3 course
- During winter months where the ground is heavy underfoot
- If you usually use a golf buggy but fancy carrying one round
- If you have a usually use a buggy or staff bag and need a spare for those rounds where you don’t need all that heavy-duty action
- For a quick 9 after work where you need to commute or take your clubs in a car
The word Sunday is misleading in the title of these bags. I prefer the name pencil or winter bag. These bags have a tonne of great benefits such as:
- Take up very little room so are easy to store
- Takes the strain off your back and shoulders
- Allows less-fit golfers to walk the course without worry about the distance
- Ideal for juniors who may not be strong enough to carry a full set ]
- Great for seniors
If you are looking for a 2nd bag or for something a bit lighter, the best Sunday bag for golf could be for you!
So let’s jump in!
Best Sunday golf bag - quick buy
Best Sunday golf bag - all the details
Callaway Golf Hyper Lite 3 Stand Bag
I am definitely biased when it comes to the Callaway Golf Lite Stand Bag because it is the one I use myself. I know first hand the quality construction and design put into this bag. The material is lightweight whilst being strong enough to take whatever heavy punishment you dish out whilst out on the course.
Furthermore, the bag has all the features and functionality you find in a bigger stand bag. You have the built-in water-resistant pocket, the large apparel pocket and a water-bottle holder all as standard. In addition to this, you have a waterproof hood and, most importantly, extra shoulder padding for a comfortable carry. As for the best Sunday golf bag – this is it.
The only downside with this bag is the price tag. It is definitely one of the more expensive options on the market which may put people off when choosing a second bag which they may only use a few times a year. However, if you don’t mind shelling out a little extra you get a load of added quality and a bag made from this stern stuff will definitely be one which you can use season after season.
Champkey Professional Golf Sunday Bag
If you are on a tight budget then the Champkey Pro Bag is the best Sunday golf bag for you. This golf bag is easy to carry and is one of the lightest available. You will be able to carry up to 9 golf clubs in this bag but I would not recommend more than 6 as it will become a tight squeeze.
This bag comes with loads of extra storage with 6 pockets and is made of premium fabric which is both long-lasting and water resistant. There are a couple of downsides with this bag. Firstly, the single strap is not ideal (although this is personal preference). Secondly, there is no stand on this bag which means you will need to place it down and pick it up each time you go to play a shot – this will be an issue if the ground is wet and muddy.
Overall, if you are after a great value Sunday bag then you are going to have to look for a long time to do better than the Champkey pro!
LONGCHAO Golf Stand Bag
If you are after a best Sunday golf bag with a stand, but don’t want to pay top dollar then this bag is a great pick. This Sunday bag is made from top-notch waterproof materials and is designed to last. The club compartment will fit 6 to 9 clubs comfortably. The bag also has special mesh pockets on the side for balls, divot tools, water bottle, or whatever else you may need when out on the course.
The are only a couple of negatives with this bag. Firstly, the club compartment has only 2 dividers which may be an issue if you are wanting to protect. Secondly, the carry strap can be a little flimsy and has been known to snap after intense use. Now, if this does happen the straps are easily replaced but, in any event, this will only happen after a long period of use.
Ranger Sunday Bag
- Ultra-lightweight stand bag weighs only 2 lbs.
- Soft grip rubberized top with two compartment dividers
- Durable automatic stand legs with slide-resistant traction feet
- Convenient carry handle integrated into bag top
- 2 total pockets including a zippered accessory and quick-access mesh pocket
Ranger Carry Sunday Range Travel Bag by CaddyDaddy Golf
- Ultra-durable 1680D fabric
- 1 Year Full Bag Replacement Warranty – covers any damage to the bag caused by airlines
- 3 zippered pockets & 1 towel ring
- Padded top protects club heads
- 5 inch rigid tube with molded base holds 7-9 clubs
- Lockable zippers (TSA locks not included)
Conclusion: best Sunday golf bag
The best Sunday golf bag will offer you the versatility and functionality to play with ease all year round. You don’t need to have a flash bag or even shell out on a premium brand to get a top-quality Sunday bag.
I will be honest, I never even considered getting a Sunday bag for years! But now I have one, I could never go back. Whether I am playing a quick nine after work, or just can’t be bothered lugging my staff bag around the course the best Sunday golf bag is a godsend because I can still get out on the course without the hassle of a huge bag.
Top overall pick – Callaway Golf Hyper Lite 3 Stand Bag – quick buy on Amazon
Best value pick – Champkey Professional Golf Sunday Bag – quick buy on Amazon
- Titleist Players 4 Plus StaDry Stand Bag Review
- Callaway Org 14 Cart Bag Review
- Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag Review
- Callaway Rogue Hybrid Review [Detailed Breakdown]
- Titleist Lightweight 14 Cart Bag Review
- Ping DLX Cart Bag Review
- TaylorMade Flextech Lite Stand Bag Review
- Best Electric Golf Caddy: Complete Buyer’s Guide 
- Best Public Golf Courses In Minnesota: Our 5 Top Picks
- Best Sunday Golf Bag: Top Picks For Winter 2020